This is a blog. This is NOT peer-reviewed. This is not science. The stories I tell are mine. For those of you who don't understand: These stories are told from my point of view. They are my opinion and only that. They are my memories, however I choose to remember and/or embellish them. The resemblance of characters in my stories to anyone in my life is not completely unintentional, however, I strive to protect their identities; because seriously, the shit they do and say is humiliating and stupid.

Oh...I'm telling these stories because my therapist thinks it'll help my mental and emotional well-being.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Exhausted.

Exhausted people do stupid shit. Problem is when you work with bears, stupid shit turns into dangerous shit...or spectacularly stupid shit. For example, my friend J was so tired last week, she darted the wrong bear for her research. Silly J.

This week, I’m too exhausted to write more than this.

9 comments:

  1. technically I didn't dart the wrong bear, just the wrong amount for said bear. Get your stupid people stories straight---geez. At least I didn't break the jabstick this time (although I didn't technically break it; it fell apart....in my hands...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the disclaimer. I can and will embellish as I see fit. Besides, I was too tired to get my facts straight. It seems you too are still tired...little miss sassy;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you silly bear people!! It all could be much worse! the said bear your poking with a stick could not be in a pen, then you would have to run... see much worse! And those stupid people make us smart people look even smarter! So lets just take a moment and thank the stupid people for making us look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are so smart...but next week I will tell you of a stupid story about me and bear...not in pen. Oh yeah, I'm here to make you look smart;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have knocked out the wrong cat for spaying before. Luckily I realized the error before actual surgery occurred. Not a good comparison you say? Come to feral cat week and be prepared to have your mind blown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feral cat week sounds like no fun at all! But I must say it's an excellent idea. I applaud the spaying and neutering of feral cats and the people who do it.

    As for knocking out the wrong cat for spaying...how'd you figure it out? You knocked out a boy, didn't you. Silly tealamutt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, I have knocked out the wrong cat multiple times. And the scenario above was one of them. And no, I didn't figure it out until said cat was on the table, abdomen open. The worst part?? It was a calico. Dumbshit. (for those not in the know, only 1 in 100,000 calicos are male, the rest are female)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok proving that I'm exhausted as I write this... I was SUPPOSED to knock out the female who was in a kennel with her brother. Knowing there was a male and a female in there together, I knocked out the boy who was black. Got him on the table, opened him up, searched and searched for a uterus... The tech comes back and says "why do you have that male cat open?" I tried to play dumb and say I felt for testes and there were none. That was when the fact that the other cat was a calico was pointed out to me. I need a coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Too funny. In some circles, like yours and mine, it is common knowlege that calico coat color in cats is a sex-linked (female) genetic trait! Silly Tealamutt.

    ReplyDelete